DIY wall, is it not dangerous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY wall, is it not dangerous?

I see a lot of DIY examples with ex-laptop batteries with different batteries (cells) in one pack.

would you make and use one like this? 😣😏
    Attached Files

No F$&@G way.
    I'll just read about it in the papers.

so many wrong things:
    cells are mismatched, and not likely capacity matched
    No BMS, no thermal management
    No visible fuses or safety
    Exposed bare wires

no
    extinguisher_PNG57.png​​​​​​​
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Major accident just waiting to happen. You might as well play with matches and gasoline.

Comment

Really shocking to you see how some "proudly" show their dangerous DIY powerwall and running loads like a washing machine, fridge etc 😣😟

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeF View Post
          Really shocking to you see how some "proudly" show their dangerous DIY powerwall and running loads like a washing machine, fridge etc 😣😟
          I am not sure if you are making a joke or believe a DIY powerwall is not dangerous.

If you think it is ok I guess I can show you videos of people walking on air or falling 300 feet without an injury. It must be true since it is on youtube.

Comment

And just as shocking and sobering to observe how many folks believe everything the read/see/hear. Those who refer to the u-tube "idiot's bible" as support for stupidity being a good example.

Comment

Let's look at the bigger picture: Pretty sure that a diy powerwall is or won't be covered by your homeowner's insurance.

Not only that, but if a post fire inspection reveals that your hoard of lithium trash is the actual accellerant or NOT, you could be on the hook big time. Not just for your property either.

If that weren't bad enough, civil lawsuits could be awating to take every penny you've got for the rest of your life.

Oh ok - living like a hermit in the boonies? But set fire to vast areas of the country because of it? God forbid your diy trash project kills somebody. Oh boy, maybe you can read about this project behind bars - and hopefully so.

Comment

would you make and use one like this? 😣😏
                The only way I'd touch that thing is if I had a large concrete outbuilding, far from anything flammable, that I could put it in.

Comment

Working...
                X