iMax Charger question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iMax Charger question

Here is another newbie question: When I charge my battery using the iMax B6AC, I noticed the current keep on dropping when the battery is close to full, I set it to 1A, but then see it dropped to 0.8, 0.5 eventually around 0.1A then the charge stopped.

My question is: Is the done intentionally by the iMax? So I imagine the charger will detect the battery voltage, and reduce the current when the battery is close to full. In this case the charger must be pretty smart.
    Or, is this just the nature of the charging process? So the current just naturally drops lower and lower when the battery voltage raises? In this case the charger is pretty dumb?

It's the nature of charging. You're right: the charger is fairly "dumb," and the chemical reaction inside the battery limits the amount of current that can flow.

Comment

I C. Thanks. No wonder I've heard people saying the Lithium battery chargers are simpler than the old Lead Acid ones.

Comment

OK people. Please stop arguing and start contributing to this thread or you may all get an early Christmas holiday.

Comment

Working...
        X