Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese suppliers of LifePO4 recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese suppliers of LifePO4 recommendations?

Hi Guys
    I have decided I need to buy a few pallets of LifePO4 batteries for a few projects, decided against AGM.
    Can you recommend any chinese suppliers?
    Most companies I find recommended online are based in the USA where as we are in New Zealand so I would rather order direct from china if you have any favorite suppliers?

Probably looking at 3.6v / 12v or 24v 100ah size units - we have a few projects where I need to get 24v 2000ah array or 48v 1000ah - so when I mean a pallet i mean an order size that you would use to power a house.

At the moment I am looking at Aliexpress and have found a few options but am not feeling so sure about them - especially when listing title says 200ah and the specifications table says 100ah - obviously i dont want the english barrier to cause us to overspend.
    Anyhow your recommendations are appreciated.

I would say Alibaba but it sounds like Aliexpress is the same thing.
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

You will be sorry. I just did a work up for someone contemplating a 48 volt 415 Amp AGM vs an equivalent 16S2P 360 AH LFP
      • 48 volt 428 AH Rolls S-550 cost $2700 and carries a full 7 year warranty, made in the USA with many dealers to honor warranty and Rolls has been around for 60 years and not going out of biz.
      • 48 volt 415 AH Rolls S6 460 AGM cost $4400, and carries a full 7 year warranty, made in the USA with many dealers to honor warranty and Rolls has been around for 60 years and not going out of biz.
      • 48 volt 360 AH CALB LFP CA 180 16S2P cost $7,700 and carries a 1 year warranty made in China which makes it almost impossible to make a warranty claim. You also need to add about another $1000 in equipment and work around LFP weaknesses and charging parameters.
      If you insist on Chi-Com POS LFP batteries the best of the bunch is CALB. They can be purchased by Custom EV shops like

EV West
      EVTV
      EV Source.

If you buy from Alibaba (Chi-Com Ebay) you have absolutely no chance at a warranty claim that is only 1 year. But from a local quality manufacture you might get lucky with a warranty claim. Buy a quality AGM and no problems with warranty claims for 7 years. You get what you pay for.
      Last edited by Sunking; 07-17-2017, 04:13 PM.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
      X