Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for a 48V battery.

Hi,

I am working on a solar-panel project, and i need to choose a 48 V battery.
    The power produced will be 3 kW. I already found these battery : http://www.windandsun.co.uk/media/411979/LG-Chem-RESU-64-EX-Data-Sheet.pdf
    http://www.lithiumion-batteries.com/products/48-volt-lithium-batteries/48v-100ah-lithium-ion-battery.php http://www.hoppecke.com/products/bat...k-premium.html
    http://www.bmz-gmbh.de/products/pv-e...,2,504950.html But I have some dificult to choose one.
    So i post this message, for see if you can help me.

thank.

ps : sorry for my bad english.

Can you give more details of your solar-panel project.What Is the 3kW figure you mention, the maximum power output from the battery, or the PV power output, or something else?

From what I can see the battery from Hoppecke and Smart Power use LiFePO4(LFP) cells similar to the ones I have, the battery in the LG and the BMZ units use Lithium Nickle Manganese Cobalt(NMC) cells.

In theory LFP batteries should last longer than NMC batteries due to the lower voltage that each cell works at, but NMC batteries have been around allot longer than LFP batteries so the technology is more mature. I would look at the warranty fine print for each of these systems very carefully when making up your mind as to which battery to use.

Simon

Off grid 24V system, 6x190W Solar Panels, 32x90ah Winston LiFeYPO4 batteries installed April 2013
    BMS - Homemade Battery logger https://github.com/simat/BatteryMonitor
    Latronics 4kW Inverter, homemade MPPT controller
    Last edited by karrak; 06-07-2016, 09:39 AM. Reason: Fixing up Lithium Nickle Manganese Cobalt, not Manganese Cobalt
    Off-Grid LFP(LiFePO4) system since April 2013

Comment

Thank you ,for quick responses.

The battery is made to work with solar instalation(average power produced = 3kW ), whose main purpose is to load electric car ( 3kW for 6-9h for the french car zoé) .

The charger will be made "home".

The first battery BMS link ESS 7.0 is one of the models propose by the supervisor of the internship.

But i can't give you lot of details about the project.

I would like to know, if somebody know the best mark of battery 48V, or which mark is bad...

thank
      Last edited by rotanaht; 06-07-2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I would not touch this with a "10 foot pole" Karrak. It will end up you know where. ......
        Last edited by SunEagle; 06-08-2016, 01:36 PM. Reason: removed abusive language
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by rotanaht View Post
          I would like to know, if somebody know the best mark of battery 48V, or which mark is bad...
          This is a new technology free area so you are unlikely to find any information on these new battery systems here. There are only a handful of people who actually use Lithium based batteries with solar or grid tied systems that post on this forum. If they dare to counter the perceived wisdom of a very vocal few they usually face some sort of harassment.

It will be interesting to see which Lithium battery technology works out best for stationary storage systems. I would have thought that from a technical point of view that LFP batteries would be a better choice.

I am interested to know why your design team has chosen 48 volt battery systems rather than a higher voltage, is it a safety issue?

Simon

Off-Grid LFP(LiFePO4) system since April 2013

Comment

Thank you for answer.

I dont know exactly why this is 48 V.

Comment

Originally posted by rotanaht View Post
              I am working on a solar-panel project, and i need to choose a 48 V battery.
              The power produced will be 3 kW.
              The LG battery can output 2.1kW, so will not meet your requirements unless you use more than one.
              The Hoppecke battery does not spec max output power.
              The BMZ battery should have no problem outputting 3kW.

Comment

I made a little mistake when i read the LG datasheet

Comment

Hi,

My name is Fred Yang. I am from China, work for Howell Energy Co., Ltd. We are a lithium battery manufacturer.
                  www.solarpaneltalk.com

Could you tell me your email? I would like to talk details with you and quote by email.
                  My Skype: fredfromhowell.
                  WhatsApp: +86 15889298390

Regards
                  Last edited by Mike90250; 06-17-2016, 12:00 AM. Reason: remove web link

Comment

Hi, can I talk with you by email?

Comment

Working...
                    X