Charge rate vs amp hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charge rate vs amp hours

If I charge a 20hrs rated deep cycle battery with C/10 charge rate what is the result @ fsoc?
    Do I get a 10hrs rated instead of a 20Hrs?

The battery will be fully charged after 10 hours. So to answer your question “20 hour rated” but you will get more or less than 20 hours of use out of it depending on the discharge rate.

Also, I have found that with my solar setup and multiple SCCs, I can produce more than the max charge rate, which in my case was C/8, so I had to be careful not to exceed that limit.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisski View Post
      The battery will be fully charged after 10 hours. So to answer your question “20 hour rated” but you will get more or less than 20 hours of use out of it depending on the discharge rate.

Also, I have found that with my solar setup and multiple SCCs, I can produce more than the max charge rate, which in my case was C/8, so I had to be careful not to exceed that limit.
      Yup, i understand that fla deep cycle max charge rate = c/8

Another question:
      Rolls & others write that the internal resistance goes up during absorb. We are talking about lead acid. Ive asked already in another thread, no replies. Can someone explain me pls. See attachement

​​​​​
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GeorgeF; 01-18-2022, 11:20 PM. Reason: Typing errors

Comment

Working...
      X