External active balancer lead acid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External active balancer lead acid

I've read here and elsewhere that external balancers for lead acid is of no use. Lead acid self-balance and with proper care no external balancers is needed, even if you use strings (serial and/or paralel).

A professor promotes such a product on youtube. Is this a joke or must one take him serious

https://youtu.be/d7bIwEB3iWk

Originally posted by GeorgeF View Post
    I've read here and elsewhere that external balancers for lead acid is of no use. Lead acid self-balance and with proper care no external balancers is needed, even if you use strings (serial and/or parallel).

A professor promotes such a product on youtube. Is this a joke or must one take him seriously
    youtu.be/d7bIwEB3
    Linear Technology has been producing new tech integrated circuits for quite a long time.
    It sounds like a good idea to me, field testing is needed to assure it really is practical. I
    wonder how much radio noise it produces?

One ap for this might be the owners who convert their 6V cars to 12V. With 2 batteries
    of 6V wired in series, they like to tap some 6V stuff (gauges) off the 6V jumper, of
    course they do not want to hear me saying they are shortening battery life. Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by bcroe View Post

Linear Technology has been producing new tech integrated circuits for quite a long time.
      It sounds like a good idea to me, field testing is needed to assure it really is practical. I
      wonder how much radio noise it produces?

One ap for this might be the owners who convert their 6V cars to 12V. With 2 batteries
      of 6V wired in series, they like to tap some 6V stuff (gauges) off the 6V jumper, of
      course they do not want to hear me saying they are shortening battery life. Bruce Roe
      I wanted to reply to yours with LOL smiley but for the sake of that professor i wont .......hehe

Comment

Working...
      X