Battery drain faster than other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stekicar View Post

I do not know if I want to do this. I am not willing to gamble again with AGM batteries
    There are plenty of relatively cheap non AGM, L-16 batteries. out there. Some should be good for 10 years or more provided they're properly maintained.

2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post
      How old are they ?
      Were they commissioned properly ?
      Had any been overcharged and vented gas ?
      I bought first 4pcs in May 2017. Then 8pcs in September 2017 and another 8pcs in January 2018. I was using them up to 50% DOD overall. Why I say overall? Because I did not know that first batteries were draining faster. I was just monitoring overall voltage, not each battery voltage. I replaced, under warranty 12 of them so far. First 4 I bough are rock solid, well maybe, except one. All others are joke. Those I replaced vented gas, had a blob on the wall and all crazy stuff. I know my charging settings are correct though. I use Victron MPPT.
      I sent an e-mail to manufacturer and they responded this time. They told me, once a week just charge batteries for 24 hours and not to use them so they have time to

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post

There are plenty of relatively cheap non AGM, L-16 batteries. out there. Some should be good for 10 years or more provided they're properly maintained.
        I agree with this. But, they are still expensive for me. Wish I went that route from a start.

Comment

Originally posted by stekicar View Post

I agree with this. But, they are still expensive for me. Wish I went that route from a start.
          Yet you are talking about switching to lithium, huh?
          2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post

Yet you are talking about switching to lithium, huh?
            Talking and actually doing it are two different things. I guess, you did not read the whole thread or I was not clear enough. What I said is that I will start investigating options for LiFePo batteries but I will not do anything for couple more years. Hopefully, price will drop down enough and my knowledge about LiFePo will go up enough to make a decision.

Comment

Working...
            X