Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlimited solar panels, overcharge guaranteed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, the WBJ does not exactly monitor how much current is going to the inverter (I dont think), but it does monitor how much current is going to the battery and the system "knows" how much current is coming from the array and from that (I think) it "does the math" to arrive at how much current is going to the inverter. The WBJ is what allows Graham's Classic Monitor App (not a NM product) give you a lot more data, that IMHO is more "readable" than the MidNite Local App. But you cannot change any values in the Classic Monitor.

With the WBJ, the Classic Monitor app will also give you SOC and a Bi-Directional current gauge. You also get a calendar view of power generated etc and the Classic Monitor will upload to PVOutput.org

The WBJ also is the only way you can set Absorb end amps setting in the menu of the classic, and it also greatly increases the accuracy of Amp Hours in and out.
    Last edited by Matrix; 09-01-2018, 08:29 AM.
    285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

Another Trick I use, that seems it might be useful if you were monitoring multiple classics in various locations and did not want to open ports and pay for a dynamic IP address (but it requires computers being on at the classic location), but you can use a desktop sharing app to go to the computers and networks that have classics and monitor/tweak them from any where. I use Teamviewer because it's free for single use. There are several desktop sharing apps, But with it I can monitor/tweak both the classic and my SW inverter from any where.

Comment

Here is a detail discussion of "Global Current Limiting" with the Classic and the WhisBang Jr. travissand Still not sure it will do what you need, but I think it is moving in the right direction

http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=3796.0

Comment

Thank you very much Matrix. Your input and advice as much appreciated. Thank you for the tips as well I'm glad I won't have to stand there as long watching numbers countdown. TeamViewer is my favorite because it works very well & for free with Android.

Comment

I added an update to my first post with this text.
            Up Date Sept 28th 2018.
            User Matrix in comment Number 18 provides a link to the solution for people who have Midnite classic charge controllers like myself http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=3796.0
            Does anyone know if this can be accomplished with other systems as well?
            Youtube video about the subject.https://youtu.be/UqfU7Q5NRH0

Comment

Working...
            X