Buying pure water for FLA bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying pure water for FLA bank

Hi guys - perhaps a dumb question but.... when I go looking for pure water in the grocery store to fill my FLA battery bank, I am having trouble finding pure water. Most of the jugs seem to have a small of mineral content OR other impurities. It's like they add minerals or salts to make the water "better". Maybe I need to check another store or look a little harder...

Any tips on this?
    Where do you guys source your pure water from?

Look for "Distilled" or better "Deionized" water. Every grocery store I've been in carries distilled water.

Comment

Here it is not with the drinking water.

It is in the section for house products, associated with ironing clothes.

Comment

Quit looking for pure water, it does not exist. What you are looking for is DISTILLED WATER. Never every use mineral waters.

Not sure where you live, but here in the USA places like Walmart, Costco, and grocery stores. Initially you buy Distilled Water in 1 Gallon plastic bottles and it goes for around 80 to 90-cents per gallon. However do not throw those plastic jugs away because in the front of the store or just inside you can refill them for half the cost of like 50-cents per gallon.

If you live in the Tropics you can use rain water if the PH is neutral and you allow any sediment to settle. Here in Panama they just use rain barrels and collect water from their roofs. After a good rain, drain the barrels, filter out any insects, and allow any sediment to settle out. We have endless supplies of free clean water.
        Last edited by Sunking; 04-13-2018, 11:41 PM.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Ok, thanks. Your correct to NOT look in the drinking water area. That was my mistake.
          Now that we are into spring time and spending time at the cabin, I will need to see how hard I am pushing my battery bank and if I should charge to 100% reading of SG.
          There's lots of hours in a day and nice sunny weather so I have lots of PV to charge them as much as needed.

Will post details later in another thread...

Comment

Working...
          X