Better one 200Ah or 2 parallel 100Ah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better one 200Ah or 2 parallel 100Ah?

Lets asume that an inverter can run a 260w ac pump and i use this pump max. 1 hour daily. I think 200Ah is ok.

For longer life of the battery what is
    better, 1 of 200Ah or 2 of 100Ah?

1 200ah battery. Generally you want to avoid paralleling batteries as it is hard to charge and discharge them equally. One battery in a parallel system tends to do most of the leg work leading to a shorter life.

Comment

A better choice would be to use 2 x 6v 210Ah battery's wired in series to create a 12V 210Ah system..

Comment

Thanks for above replies

Comment

I have a similar question.

Four 12v 228 ah deka 9c12 series paralleled for 24v

8 6v 230ah deka gc15 series paralleled for 24v?

Also are these good batteries? Recommended to me by a local dealer.

Comment

Jnadaeu,

If your system requires a 400+ AH battery then you are better off buying a battery with that capacity rather than stringing up two smaller batteries in parallel to achieve the same AH capacity. Look at the L16 size batteries. They are rated between 350-450 AH @ 6V. String 4 of them in series for 24V.

Comment

Originally posted by Suprasoup View Post
              Jnadaeu,

If your system requires a 400+ AH battery then you are better off buying a battery with that capacity rather than stringing up two smaller batteries in parallel to achieve the same AH capacity. Look at the L16 size batteries. They are rated between 350-450 AH @ 6V. String 4 of them in series for 24V.
              ditto. Pb batteries come anywhere from 10 AH to 6000 AH
              MSEE, PE

Comment

I am sorry I couldnt open new thread for this question. I have a 10w solar panel, and 12v 7ah battery. My load consumes 0.75Wh and it works 24 hrs. and other load consumes 8.5Wh for 1.6 hours. 0.75Wx24h + 8.5Wx1.6h=32Wh approx. and 32Whx1.25( adding other losses) = 40Wh my daily consumption. Could you help me about how many days my battery feed the system for winter days. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire1212 View Post
                  I am sorry I couldnt open new thread for this question. I have a 10w solar panel, and 12v 7ah battery. My load consumes 0.75Wh and it works 24 hrs. and other load consumes 8.5Wh for 1.6 hours. 0.75Wx24h + 8.5Wx1.6h=32Wh approx. and 32Whx1.25( adding other losses) = 40Wh my daily consumption. Could you help me about how many days my battery feed the system for winter days. Thank you
                  Before we get to an answer lets clear up some of your labels.

I presume your first load is 0.75 Watts not Wh. And your second load is 8.5 watts not Wh but your math is ok.

So with a load of 0.75 watts for 24 hours and 8.5 watts for 1.6 hours the result is about 32 Wh. Add in a fudge factor of 1.25 for losses and you will use about 40 Wh a day.

Now the bad news is that 7Ah battery is rated about 7Ah x 12V = 84 Wh. So using 40 Wh will be discharge it by almost 50% which IMO is a day and a half at best.

You would be better off having a 12v battery rated about 14Ah which would only discharge it about 25% per day with your calculated load.

To properly charge a battery you need amps in the C/8 to C/12 where C = the Ah rating.

For simplicity lets use C/10 which is 1/10 of the Ah rating. So for a 7Ah you need around 0.7 amps and for a 14Ah battery about 1.4 amps.

I am not sure what that Imp rating of that 10 watt panel is but more than likely it is maybe 0.5 amps which is not enough for that 7Ah battery.

You also do not get many charging hours during the Winter months so having more wattage is better.

I would look for a higher Ah rated battery and find a panel with an Imp rating = 1/10 of the battery Ah rating

Comment

Working...
                  X