Cut off for 24 v system

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Szabie
    • Feb 2017

Yes I have a cut off on my inverter that switches it off when the batteries drop to 24.8v then the inverter switches to charge mode and turn generator on and takes about 1 hour to reach float mode again...nobody has actually said what a good cut off would be ie 25,26,27 v

Comment

• NEOH
      Solar Fanatic
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Szabie
      Yes I have a cut off on my inverter that switches it off when the batteries drop to 24.8v then the inverter switches to charge mode and turn generator on and takes about 1 hour to reach float mode again...nobody has actually said what a good cut off would be ie 25, 26, 27v
      What was your reasoning for setting Cut-Off = 24.8 Volts ?

You never stated, how many amps the battery would be supplying when the Drop-Out Voltage reading is taken.
      You never stated, at what level of DOD you want to stop discharging.

Depending upon the load and the maximum DOD, the Drop-Out voltage could be anywhere between 19 volts and 24 volts.

Comment

• Szabie
        • Feb 2017

My reasoning was the fact that all reading material says that 24.8 is above 70% as for the dropout voltage and DOD and pqrs like I said earlier I'm no
        ​​​​​​electrician or rocket scientist thought I was just asking a simple question but alas that would be too easy ....

Comment

Working...