Is my charge controller toast!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my charge controller toast!!

Accidentally connected an array running at 102-103voc into a victron 100/50 charge controller. I mistakenly was meant to connect it to my 150/45 controller. The learning curve aside, the 100/50 controller went into a 'fault mode' with 2 flashing lights, when I disconnected and reconnected the charge controller from the battery it resumed normal operation. Then I reconnected an array that runs at a lower voltage and it seems to still provide full output, however it has developed a quirk. It now has a quiet but noticeable high pitch hum, similar to a noisy transformer that comes and goes, with a switching on off type frequency and gets louder with increasing output. Not loud enough to hear from more than Metre away but definitely a change and/or compromise in circuitry. Would anyone know what this could potentially be a result of? Getting a new controller of that type is a $600 setback, so it's hard to not try and keep this controller commissioned if possible. Any have any tips/ideas what could of happened in the circuitry, or the potential safety hazard of continuing its operation in this state??

kind regards Kris
Working...
X