X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhotonJack
    • Nov 2019

Equalizing the bank

Greetings fellow sun followers,
    With the sun at such a low angle and lots of overcast days, my bank is getting a useful charge, but not enough to kick the controller into equalize mode and I don't want to go too long without doing so. Haven't seen bubbles in at least a month. Is there a recommended 'forced' equalizer device I can add to the system? Other options?
    Obviously a noob. Thanks,
    Jack
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

Yes, watch the weather for a forecast for a fairly sunny day. That morning about 7am, start the generator, and Bulk charge the bank for the couple hours needed to get thru Bulk and at least part way through Absorb. Then you can initiate the EQ cycle. The further along in ABSORB you can get before judging you won't have enough sun left to get some EQ done, the better, you can't EQ bateries till they are charged, otherwise you are merely charging them.
    This post here, talks a bit further about the process.
    Hello fellows. I'm new to this forum and a newbie to solar energy. i'm located in Greece. Most of the time sunny and it's a pity not to harvest the sun. My system consists of Renogy Rover 40amps mppt charge controller. Canadian solar Solar panel 320w 24v 9.3amps 2x varta dual purpose proffetional lsf 105 batteries 12v 105ah.

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• PhotonJack
      • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Mike90250
      Yes, watch the weather for a forecast for a fairly sunny day. That morning about 7am, start the generator, and Bulk charge the bank for the couple hours needed to get thru Bulk and at least part way through Absorb. Then you can initiate the EQ cycle. The further along in ABSORB you can get before judging you won't have enough sun left to get some EQ done, the better, you can't EQ bateries till they are charged, otherwise you are merely charging them.
      This post here, talks a bit further about the process.
      Hello fellows. I'm new to this forum and a newbie to solar energy. i'm located in Greece. Most of the time sunny and it's a pity not to harvest the sun. My system consists of Renogy Rover 40amps mppt charge controller. Canadian solar Solar panel 320w 24v 9.3amps 2x varta dual purpose proffetional lsf 105 batteries 12v 105ah.
      Brilliant! Will do, thank you very much!

Comment

Working...