X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampster
    replied
    Originally posted by Iamsteve View Post
    Yes it has connections for battery. Here is what the manual says about it. Voltage range, 430 -- 550 V, Surge Current, 14.3 -20A, Max Charge, 5000W, Comm - CAN
    The old Powerwall had a high voltage DC coupled connection. Those are no longer available. LG Chem has one that might work. You would have to find out more about how the Inverter could communicate with the battery management system. CAN communications is not always plug and play. There might be other options, if you have the skills, to assemble a pack and wire a BMS but you probably would have a hard time getting a building permit with that high DC voltage and no UL approved system.
    Last edited by Ampster; 12-02-2019, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Iamsteve
    replied
    Yes it has connections for battery. Here is what the manual says about it. Voltage range, 430 -- 550 V, Surge Current, 14.3 -20A, Max Charge, 5000W, Comm - CAN

Leave a comment:

• Ampster
    replied
    Does your inverter have DC connectors for a battery. If so s there any clue as to what voltage? If no DC connectors, I am not sure why they call it a hybrid inverter? The Tesla Powerwall is AC coupled.
    Last edited by Ampster; 12-01-2019, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Iamsteve
    started a topic Subsitution for Tesla Powerwall 2 battery system

Subsitution for Tesla Powerwall 2 battery system

The Manual for my Delta H-6 6kw Hybrid Inverter states that it's only compatible with the expensive Tesla Powerwall2 battery system. Yet I'm told a substitution for the Tesla unit is indeed possible. Can someone give me a clue on where to find a battery system that is compatible with this inverter.

Thanks.
Working...
X