No announcement yet.

Did I chose decent battery. New to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ty everyone who answered. I will get different batteries. May get on the grid next year as money allows it. But other priorities now. I want to learn about solar. Want my grandbabies too also. I will try to limit showing my stupidity on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bagins52 View Post
      Ty everyone who answered. I will get different batteries. May get on the grid next year as money allows it. But other priorities now. I want to learn about solar. Want my grandbabies too also. I will try to limit showing my stupidity on it.
      I'd call it ignorance, not stupidity. Stupidity is not wanting to learn. Ignorance is not knowing something but willing to learn. From what you write about wanting to learn, that sounds to me like where you are now.

You can know a lot and still be ignorant of a lot of other things. That's where most of us are most of the time.

Ignorance can be reduced. Stupidity is its own punishment.

FWIW, if I can answer a question or two, just holler up. Maybe we can both learn some things. You make the effort to learn and stay curious and I bet there's a lot of folks here who will jump at the chance to encourage your knowledge quest.

Good luck.
      Last edited by J.P.M.; 12-12-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Ok. Order on batteries cancelled. Looking at duracell 6 volt 208 ah 20. And 235ah @ 20 hr. Better choice. Or should look at diff brand

Comment

Look at big box stores Golf Cart batteries 6V 200ah deep cycle, in the $90 range. (Costco, Sams, walmart.....)

Adding Solar to the sticker adds at least $80
          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by bagins52 View Post
            Ok. Order on batteries cancelled. Looking at duracell 6 volt 208 ah 20. And 235ah @ 20 hr. Better choice. Or should look at diff brand
            You really have to define your loads first. You can purchase a "Kill-A-Watt" meter for about 15 bucks and it'll tell you what the appliance consumes. Then you have to plan for the lowest solar output month and a few days of clouds while not taking your battery bank below 50%.

But defining the Kwh/day needed is the first step. The off-grid sticky section is a great place to begin learning.
            1150W, Midnite Classic 200, Cotek PSW, 8 T-605s

Comment

Working...
            X