Group 29 and t-105

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group 29 and t-105

Can I use the 4 group 29 with my 8 new t-105 or will the solar charger have problems with charging the two different batteries in a 48 volt configuration. please let me no before I wire the system
    Thank you.

The solar charger will have no problems. The batteries - however. Batteries in Series need to be the same AH capacity. Batteries in Parallel need to be the same voltage.

T-105s often have a slightly higher recharge voltage in order to properly bubble the electrolyte in the tall case. Group 29 maybe not the same.

Parallel batteries should be from the same mfg lot to be evenly matched. The more they are mismatched, the less effective they will be.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Take your pick, group 29 or T-105. Not both.Group 29 suggest an SLI battery which cannot be cycled.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

how often should I do the equalization on the batteries. I well use the t-105

Comment

Originally posted by jonathon w View Post
          how often should I do the equalization on the batteries. I well use the t-105
          Only when needed. Your hydrometer will tel you when.

MSEE, PE

Comment

I have a similar situation. I have 4, T105s in series for 24V inverter. I also have 2, AlphaCell 12V AGM batteries wired in series for 24V. I hook up the 2 separate battery banks to the back of the inverter and have had no issues "SO FAR"...... I just wired up the 2, 12V AGM batteries last week. They have added some extended hours of output for my off-gris system but I just wonder if I may be shortening the life of my 4, T105s.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X