Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matrix View Post
    Wrote this to Trojan. We'll see what they say:
    Not sure you have a problem here as the spread is less than 30 points. Specific Gravity is not going to be perfectly even across all cells. It means when the batteries were activated, water/acid was mixed was done in more than one batch. In other words one batch had a Tablespoon or two more acid than the other batch(s).

I assume you are using a Temperature Compensated Hydrometer and compensating for temp differences? Assuming the temps are the same, the only way to get all Specific Gravities the same is to empty each battery into a common container, then refill the batteries, that is not going to happen.

Try this. Use your hydrometer like a Turkey Baster. Suck up electrolyte into the Hydrometer, and squeeze it back out as hard as you can without splashing several times in each cell so as to mix/agitate/stir the electrolyte up. You might have Stratification which means the heavier acid is at the bottom of the cell and water floating on top.

To be honest I do not think you have a real problem other than minor differences of acid to water ratio. Also make sure you are adding water properly to the correct level. After water is added you must give the batteries a proper normal charge from an AC charger followed by a EQ charge. 15 points spread is within normal parameters.

Post back what Trojan says. They are pretty quick to respond.
    Last edited by Sunking; 12-19-2017, 12:47 PM.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Higher Voltage View Post
      I checked my batteries when charging and they do not charge at the same V. The bank is the same V . Is there another solution ?
      Stop hijacking threads.

MSEE, PE

Comment

What does that mean?

Comment

Should I have started a new thread? I looked for a similar situation. Is that not appropriate conduct of this site ?

Comment

Threads get confusing when there are answers being given to more than the original poster. Yes, start a new thread.
            2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Can someone erase my posts on this thead please?

Comment

Originally posted by Higher Voltage View Post
                Can someone erase my posts on this thead please?
                You can do it by using the edit feature in the bottom right corner of your posts.
                2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post

Not sure you have a problem here as the spread is less than 30 points. Specific Gravity is not going to be perfectly even across all cells. It means when the batteries were activated, water/acid was mixed was done in more than one batch. In other words one batch had a Tablespoon or two more acid than the other batch(s).

I assume you are using a Temperature Compensated Hydrometer and compensating for temp differences? Assuming the temps are the same, the only way to get all Specific Gravities the same is to empty each battery into a common container, then refill the batteries, that is not going to happen.

Try this. Use your hydrometer like a Turkey Baster. Suck up electrolyte into the Hydrometer, and squeeze it back out as hard as you can without splashing several times in each cell so as to mix/agitate/stir the electrolyte up. You might have Stratification which means the heavier acid is at the bottom of the cell and water floating on top.

To be honest I do not think you have a real problem other than minor differences of acid to water ratio. Also make sure you are adding water properly to the correct level. After water is added you must give the batteries a proper normal charge from an AC charger followed by a EQ charge. 15 points spread is within normal parameters.

Post back what Trojan says. They are pretty quick to respond.
                  Trojan did write back. Said about the same thing as is posted above ...

Trojan Batteries
                  I would give it some more time, daily use and cycling the batteries as normal will likely cause the gap to decrease. A range of 10-15 points is not alarming, especially considering that the batteries are still in the part of their cycle life where they are completing the formation process. Give it a month or so, then check the electrolyte level after they are fully charged, or even after an EQ cycle. By then it may be time to add water which may level the gravities to some degree.
                  Last edited by Matrix; 12-19-2017, 11:40 PM.
                  285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

Originally posted by Matrix View Post
                    Trojan did write back. Said about the same thing as is posted above ...
                    Thanks for the feedback and confirmation.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
                    X