Tesla needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWFLA View Post
    New York state is spending $750 million to build a solar panel factory in Buffalo for SolarCity. The San Mateo, Calif.-based company will lease the plant for $1 a year. It will not pay property taxes for a decade, which would otherwise total an estimated $260 million.

not to mention it won't make any money and therefore no income tax

so is the state of New York subsidizing Tesla or Panasonic?

the only good that will come out of that is some jobs hopefully they last a while
    Looks sort of like Solyndra, only this time the state of NY is on the hook instead of the fed. gov. Part of the cause being NY state politicians bought into Musk's line/whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

Looks sort of like Solyndra, only this time the state of NY is on the hook instead of the fed. gov. Part of the cause being NY state politicians bought into Musk's line/whatever.
      The lure of getting more jobs associated with RE is a big plus for the politicians that are making claims of hitting a goal of XX% RE by 2030.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

The lure of getting more jobs associated with RE is a big plus for the politicians that are making claims of hitting a goal of XX% RE by 2030.
        Yea, but the claim of adding 500 permanent mfg. and ~ 1,500 or so temp. build jobs for a couple of years doesn't seem like much of a pay back for the $750 million public tit squeeze.

Most everyone falls for the romance/feel good of R.E., but since we've become mostly math and common sense phobic, the conmen and political hacks get over like fat rats in a cheese factory.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

Yea, but the claim of adding 500 permanent mfg. and ~ 1,500 or so temp. build jobs for a couple of years doesn't seem like much of a pay back for the $750 million public tit squeeze.

Most everyone falls for the romance/feel good of R.E., but since we've become mostly math and common sense phobic, the conmen and political hacks get over like fat rats in a cheese factory.
          I agree. Which is surprising how easy it is for any politician to make promises to the layman about a specific subject that is the latest hot topic.

Comment

Bernie Ebbers and Elon Musk will make great cell mates. At least Bernie only stole from rich Investors. Musk steals the public.
            MSEE, PE

Comment

"shovel-ready" jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
                Bernie Ebbers and Elon Musk will make great cell mates. At least Bernie only stole from rich Investors. Musk steals the public.
                That's not how it works nowadays.

Steal a million - they throw you in jail.
                Steal a billion - they elect you president.

Comment

Originally posted by jflorey2 View Post
                  That's not how it works nowadays.

Steal a million - they throw you in jail.
                  Steal a billion - they elect you president.
                  Well she almost got away with getting elected.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

Well she almost got away with getting elected.
                    don't even go there... politics is not funny. These days it's very, very tense in mixed-party families.
                    Last edited by DanKegel; 03-07-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I thought it was understood I was being sarcastic using Comic Sans MS font and my blue simile face.

Comment

Originally posted by DanKegel View Post

don't even go there... politics is not funny. These days it's very, very tense in mixed-party families.
                        I live in one of those "mixed-party" families. I just tell everyone to lighten up.........in eight years we will be able to change administrations.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS26 View Post

I live in one of those "mixed-party" families. I just tell everyone to lighten up.........in eight years we will be able to change administrations.
                          Sure about that?

Comment

Sure about that?
                            Dan...lighten up...I don't know if T will last 3 months or eight years.....but it sure is entertaining. Reality TV comes home to roost.

ps...Mods.....I promise this is my last post on this subject.

Comment

Sure about that?
                              Don't worry. I have it on good authority that CA will have the big one and break off into the Pacific. So who is Pres won't be a big issue for you.

Now I really am just kidding because losing all those people that way would be a horrible tragedy.

Comment

c'mon, guys, I'm trying to freak out here

Comment

Working...
                                X