Would I burn something if in the next combinations is it safe to be done?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danieldinte
    • May 2016

Would I burn something if in the next combinations is it safe to be done?

Hello everyone first of all. Thank you in advance for each kind answer I shall get.

Im sorry, I am not sure it what category to post this.

Short story

Saturday, 21th may 2016 I decided to test some solar panels. Since in my country most of the portable solar panels will not be delivered by amazon.com, from what can be delivered I decided to buy Instapark® 10 Watt Solar Panel Portable Solar Charger with Dual USB Ports for iPhone, iPad & all other USB Compatible Devices - http://www.amazon.com/Instapark%C2%A...s=instapark+10

Looking at instapark.com official technical specs of the product it sais:
    Power output: 5V Standard USB port x 2
    Maximum output current: 2 amp

I was wondering if I can pair it with an Anker PowerCore 15600 - https://www.anker.com/products/A1252011
    Looking at official technical specs of the product it sais:
    Input :5V / 2A
    Output :5V / 4.8A

I would also like to pair the Anker PowerCore 15600 with KingMa USB dual LP-E8 charger for Canon EOS 700D - which has apparently the next technical data:
    Input: 5V 2000mA

The questions... and thank you again in advance for any usefull answer I will get.

- Can I charge Anker PowerCore 15600 with Instapark® 10 Watt Solar Panel safely (Since it seems 2Amps is the maximum Amps delivered by Instapark 10 Watt Solar Panel, so it could be less then actually 2Amps)... So is it safe or I risk burning something?

- Can I also charge a canon battery using the KingMa USB LP-E8 safely with Anker PowerCore 15600 (Since I see Ankser PowerCore 15600 delivers actually 4.8Amps) ... Is it also safe or ...?

Thank you kindly.

Daniel
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Chances are that 10watt Instapar will not be able to charge even one of those Anker PowerCores in a day unless you are able to position the solar panel directly at the sun for 6 hours and the conditions do not include any clouds or shade.

Comment

• danieldinte
      • May 2016

Originally posted by SunEagle
      Chances are that 10watt Instapar will not be able to charge even one of those Anker PowerCores in a day unless you are able to position the solar panel directly at the sun for 6 hours and the conditions do not include any clouds or shade.
      That part i know, but I was wondering what if there are clouds or shade and Instapark will output less then 2 amps? Do I risk to burn/fry it because Anker requires 2 amps and Instapark generates less then 2 amps?

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

More than likely since the Instapark may not provide more than 2 amps and the Anker requires 2 amps you should not see any high temperatures being generated or increase the chance of burning the equipment. The Anker will just not get charged quickly or at all.

Comment

• inetdog
          Super Moderator
          • May 2012

Solar panels are inherently current limited, so they will not be damaged by any load ranging from open circuit to short circuit. You only have to worry about the batteries.
          SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...