? Best batteries for long lasting Amp Hours ? new and searching for the best choice.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

You can add panels if they are matched up. Problem is you cannot add batteries. So as you add panels, you will need to replace the battery or batteries as you grow with larger batteries.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

• Eric12325
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Sunking
      You can add panels if they are matched up. Problem is you cannot add batteries. So as you add panels, you will need to replace the battery or batteries as you grow with larger batteries.
      So your saying since i have 100 watt panels ,i cannot add a 200 watt panel correct ? my system controller C35 can have 4 -100 watt panels max ,i was looking overseas on aliexpress for less cost than in America ,I bought my system at Home Depot each panel cost 200 dollars that match witch is what I already purchased from Grape solar ,i was hoping to find 2 more panels ,can I add a 200 watt panel ? or must I stay with the2- 100 watt ? is their any place here in the USA ,you recommend

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Eric12325
        So your saying since i have 100 watt panels ,i cannot add a 200 watt panel correct ? my system controller C35 can have 4 -100 watt panels max ,i was looking overseas on aliexpress for less cost than in America ,I bought my system at Home Depot each panel cost 200 dollars that match witch is what I already purchased from Grape solar ,i was hoping to find 2 more panels ,can I add a 200 watt panel ? or must I stay with the2- 100 watt ? is their any place here in the USA ,you recommend
        If your 100 watt panel Voc and Vmp is matched with whatever other panel you are interested in, you can add more panels in parallel. With a C35 controller you should be able to input up to about 500 watts assuming standard 12 volt battery panels with a Voc = 22 volts and Vmp = 18 volts. Not certain that is a vintage panel no longer made or used much.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...