Informative Video on Exactly What is Grade A, Grade B, Grade C cells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Informative Video on Exactly What is Grade A, Grade B, Grade C cells

One of the Chinese manufacturers that I've been corresponded with uploaded this video on the manufacturing of LFP cells.

I thought it was very informative - if not exactly thrilling. It's about 18 mins long.

In short: what makes a A cell is it doesn't self-discharge beyond spec, the internal resistance is normal but not so low it shows an internal short, and the capacity is up to spec. Also, there is a crapton of B cells out there being sold for cheap, you get what you pay for.

<Links removed>
    Last edited by sdold; 10-26-2020, 02:34 PM.

Not everyone is an A student.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Very interesting. But shows that grade-b cells are an acceptable substitute for fixing the calendaring and cutting process in the first place to produce grade-a cells all the time, and become a totally reputable brand.

But, these crap grade-b cells end up in plastic boxes which cost just as much as grade-a, and the consumer has no idea.

Cracks me up - the "if it doesn't explode in 28 days, consider it good!" as the quality control factor is amazing.

Comment

Jwilmes Brady, you're welcome to participate in discussions here,but please stop posting youtube links advertising companies. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X