Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike90250
    replied
    Well, you are on your way in the learning curve. Get a copy of the yellow book: Solar Power your house for dummies. read the book, read the stickies posts here on the various sub forums, and you will be on your way. If you have grid power now, you don't really need batteries at all

Leave a comment:

• Eucid
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post
    > 3 x GEL car batteries 12V 100Ah

Trade them in for golf cart 6V 200ah batteries. GEL is not suitable for solar, as it cannot be quickly recharged. AGM is suitable, but expensive and half the lifetime of good flooded batteries.
    Okay, presuming now I've done that, what would be the next step? Buying a charge controller? And would you use those batteries for powering lights overnight around the house/garden or is it possible to feed it back to the house to power fridges/freezers/tv standby etc? Can you buy charge controllers to feed back into the house at, say, 100w per hour to power things? Like I said, I'm a newbie at this.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    > 3 x GEL car batteries 12V 100Ah

Trade them in for golf cart 6V 200ah batteries. GEL is not suitable for solar, as it cannot be quickly recharged. AGM is suitable, but expensive and half the lifetime of good flooded batteries.

Leave a comment:

• Eucid
    started a topic What can I do with these batteries?

What can I do with these batteries?

Hi,

I'm very much a newbie in this and would like some suggestions. He is a list of what equipment I have:
    6 x 250w solar panels Vmp 31.17V / Imp 8.03A
    SolarRiver SR2K2TLA1 Inverter (Input - Max DC Power 2.3Kw / Max DC volts 550V / Max current 11A, Output - Max AC Power 2.2kW / Max AC Current 11A / Nominal AC Voltage/range 230/180-270)
    3 x GEL car batteries 12V 100Ah

I have had the panels and undeterred over 4 years and produce about 1400kw per year (I think that's the figure anyway). Any power I don't use just get fed back into the grid, I don't get paid for it as I have just installed them myself. So far I have managed to get everything for free, apart from the wooden A frame I have made which cost me
Working...
X