Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 charge controllers new battery bank

Hi all,

I have two different Outback Charge Controllers.

FlexMax 80
    MX 60

Im installing a new Lithium battery bank.
    3 x 12.8V 240Ah installed in parallel.

can I use my two different Outback Charge Controllers with this new battery bank?

Thanks a lot for your help and info

kind regards

Johan

The charge controllers (both) have to be programmed with the proper settings for the Li battery bank. I'm sure it can be done, but I have no hands on experience with outback gear. Also the battery BMS needs to be able to disconnect charging, which may leave the controllers unconnected from the battery, look into all aspects for your battery, BMS and controllers
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Bendesa1962 View Post
      Hi all,
      Im installing a new Lithium battery bank.
      3 x 12.8V 240Ah installed in parallel.
      If these are the so-called "drop-ins", that's not only a super-bad idea, but the manufacturers usually advise you not to parallel these for more capacity in the first place. You get the capacity you need up front with a drop-in.

For a custom lithium bank, to avoid major balance issues, BMS OR NOT, you parallel your low voltage single cells to get the amphour capacity you need FIRST. Then you series-connect these packs of cells to achieve your desired voltage.

Any other way is either going to immediately void your warranty and fun in the case of drop-ins, or be a total nightmare for a custom batt.

Comment

Working...
      X