Help with wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with wiring

Hi. I've 4 12 volt 200ah lead acid neutron power deep cycles.

I need them to run our 24 volt 2500w inverter.

the inverter was previously run off two of them in series. But now I want to put all four into a bank to run the inverter.

Ive read tons of topics of wiring so I've got an idea of what might be suggested however it would be good to hear from you guys.

if it is two series string in parallel is there something I should also be doing maintenance wise to look after the equalization that will undoubtedly occur?

Thanks

I would use one of these models to parallel the batteries.

Other than that, Perhaps you are locked into 12v and a 2500 Watt inverter. And maybe your loads will always be low, and you do not plan to run any motors like pumps or refrigerators with startup surge. But you will find here on this forum that some believe 12v is too low for 2500 Watts. Perhaps read some of the Sticky threads in this forum about that.
    Last edited by Matrix; 04-08-2019, 05:49 PM.
    285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

Right, so still a parallel connection just slightly more balanced. Makes sense.
      Our loadingis generallyquite low (8-18 amps) and not for long periods of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Matrix View Post
        I would use one of these models to parallel the batteries.

Other than that, Perhaps you are locked into 12v and a 2500 Watt inverter. And maybe your loads will always be low, and you do not plan to run any motors like pumps or refrigerators with startup surge. But you will find here on this forum that some believe 12v is too low for 2500 Watts. Perhaps read some of the Sticky threads in this forum about that.

i would have to disagree.

OP has it right.

​​​​​​Running your batteries 2S2P will yield a 24 volt 400ah battery bank to support your 24 volt inverter.

That said, I don't like parallel strings when batteries of adequate capacity are available to avoid it. 4- L-16's in series would give the same capacity and avoid the issues that can come with parallel strings.

Comment

My bad, I totally misread the OPs opening comment. I read it as a 12v inverter. My apologies.
          285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

Working...
          X