why battery voltage drop much at bigining ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

> but what you mean PROPERLY ADJUSTED .....

Because you called them regulator 1 & 2. I've no idea what that is. Now it's solar charge controllers. They still have to be set/adjusted/programmed to match the charging requirements for your battery, which can vary between brands and style ( Flooded, GEL, AGM ) You can buy top of the line controllers and not set them up properly and ruin your batteries in a month.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• zolar
      • Nov 2018

oh.,,, ,
      thanks mike ,
      sorry for the names but I meant charge controller ( the device wich installed between the panels and battery bank)
      any way about type of battery , that's something to be programmed even for only 1 charge controller , but other things I thought it would be done automatically, regardless the different in type or brand of charge controllers.
      that's another point to be concentrate on.
      Last edited by zolar; 11-17-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• paulcheung
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by zolar
        thanks mike90250 I am happy see you again,,,
        and for the second system I am attending to make its :
        24 v system , connecting 4 panels parallel with Y connector each 24v 320watt about 7 meters to the 60amps charger ,from charger to batteries about 3 meters cable long about 2 meter from batteries to a3kw inverter which output is 220v ac .
        ( NOW about the AWG actually I don't know , cuz here we are using mm , and when I compare between them in internet tables its not as we used to know it .
        BTW mike and all expert PLEASE I know I shouldn't ask this Q,,, specially after all this time and some few information I got BUT :
        as we know to find the amps is watt divided by voltage , but in solar people divide the load watt by system voltage ,, WHY NOT divide it by ac voltage since its fitted now after the inverter and working on 220 v. ( don't tell me cuz its the amps storage )
        Why do you want to wire 4 panels parallel if you have a true MPPT charge controller? I would just wire all 4 in series or 2 series and 2 series parallel if the 4 panels' total voltage is higher than the MPPT controller can handle.

Also never parallel batteries if you can avoid it. Take it from me, the IIdiot who have learned a very expensive lesson.
        Best wishes.

Comment

• Sunking
          Solar Fanatic
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by paulcheung
          Also never parallel batteries if you can avoid it. Take it from me, the IIdiot who have learned a very expensive lesson.
          Weh yuh ah deal wid? Weh yuh ah seh? Mi aright Panama.
          Last edited by Sunking; 11-25-2018, 01:11 AM.
          MSEE, PE

Comment

• paulcheung
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Sunking

Weh yuh ah deal wid? Weh yuh ah seh? Mi aright Panama.
            Hi Derrick
            How are you. I am in Jamaica suffer the high devaluation on the currency. any advice on the grid-tie system? I am considering change my most system to grid-tie and don't have a clue about the grid-tie inverters. The two bank of batteries are on their last breath. namely on support system.

Comment

• Sunking
              Solar Fanatic
              • Feb 2010

Wow Paul just looked at JMD. Last time I was there a few years ago a USD > JMD was $91, and this morning $126. What is causing it? Last time I looked in October employment was lower, exports and tourism were up.

Anyway start a new thread so we do not hijack this one. Not even sure you can do Grid Tie Jamaica legally although that does not make a lot of difference up there. I am a bit surprised as Panama and Costa Rica economy are booming since Trump took office in USA.
              MSEE, PE

Comment

• zolar
                • Nov 2018

thanks paul for your post ,
                Last edited by zolar; 11-27-2018, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Working...