Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 serious batteries one charges more than the other

one day i desiced to use my 12 volt lamp and put it in one battery

the system is 24vdc one and seems that i discharged one battery very badly now the system will full charge one battery at 12.9vdc other at 14 i dont know how to restore balance

i tried to load the other battery but still same as soon as left the load on it the charge controller seems to direct all charge to it and re put it on the 14vdc level i am really stuck

Try splitting up the 2 batteries and charge each independent of each other using a 12v charger. Maybe you can save the bad battery.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
      Try splitting up the 2 batteries and charge each independent of each other using a 12v charger. Maybe you can save the bad battery.

thanks they are agm so they must endure the bad operation note that i left them for 2 full days only

one gone in overcharge and other easily be saved because it low in charge they both work fine only when in parallel they seems note to share voltage evenly.

the one that accustomed to eat more voltage is try to deprive the other from its natural charge!!!

they need abit of taming ! i start to charge them in parallel using pwm solar charger i know i lose power but i will try to save my batteries

i will reply you within 2 days after both 2 batteires be sujbjected to equal amounts of charge and equlazation voltage as well as float they will start act normally i think

Comment

Originally posted by gendil View Post
        i start to charge them in parallel using pwm solar charger i know i lose power but i will try to save my batteries
        Be careful putting a fully charged battery in parallel with a discharged battery, you can get a nasty surprise if the voltage is more than 1/4 volt difference. You could melt the battery term post or wire. A difference of 1 volt can generate 500 to 2000 amps of equalizing current on a golf cart size battery or more with AGM. Neither battery, wire, or you will like the result.
        Last edited by Sunking; 08-10-2018, 09:19 PM.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
        X