Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 serious batteries one charges more than the other

one day i desiced to use my 12 volt lamp and put it in one battery

the system is 24vdc one and seems that i discharged one battery very badly now the system will full charge one battery at 12.9vdc other at 14 i dont know how to restore balance

i tried to load the other battery but still same as soon as left the load on it the charge controller seems to direct all charge to it and re put it on the 14vdc level i am really stuck

Try splitting up the 2 batteries and charge each independent of each other using a 12v charger. Maybe you can save the bad battery.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
      Try splitting up the 2 batteries and charge each independent of each other using a 12v charger. Maybe you can save the bad battery.

thanks they are agm so they must endure the bad operation note that i left them for 2 full days only

one gone in overcharge and other easily be saved because it low in charge they both work fine only when in parallel they seems note to share voltage evenly.

the one that accustomed to eat more voltage is try to deprive the other from its natural charge!!!

they need abit of taming ! i start to charge them in parallel using pwm solar charger i know i lose power but i will try to save my batteries

i will reply you within 2 days after both 2 batteires be sujbjected to equal amounts of charge and equlazation voltage as well as float they will start act normally i think

Comment

Originally posted by gendil View Post
        i start to charge them in parallel using pwm solar charger i know i lose power but i will try to save my batteries
        Be careful putting a fully charged battery in parallel with a discharged battery, you can get a nasty surprise if the voltage is more than 1/4 volt difference. You could melt the battery term post or wire. A difference of 1 volt can generate 500 to 2000 amps of equalizing current on a golf cart size battery or more with AGM. Neither battery, wire, or you will like the result.
        Last edited by Sunking; 08-10-2018, 09:19 PM.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post

Be careful putting a fully charged battery in parallel with a discharged battery, you can get a nasty surprise if the voltage is more than 1/4 volt difference. You could melt the battery term post or wire. A difference of 1 volt can generate 500 to 2000 amps of equalizing current on a golf cart size battery or more with AGM. Neither battery, wire, or you will like the result.
          i wont do that actually i even wont dicharge one battery more than the other some one did this and yet too many poeple here call me stupid do i have to say all details? about who did that nasty thing?

any way i solved all this problem by buying new mppt solar 60 amps and wiring my battery in paraller for 12vdc system it works nice just one thing 500 watt susytem only peaked 290 watt maximum

Comment

hi people

great news

after i lost all hope in getting them in balance again i decided to make my system 12vdc by make them parallel but my mppt wont go beyond 400 watt due to

high diffrenece between panel voltage which are at 100 (3 panels 24vdc nominal in serious) the controller kept on turning the fan on

and it was impossible to go to 400 w attt because when ever the fan turn on the controller enters some sort of standby by lowering the power produced

so i decided to back to 24 vdc i said may be it will get in balance again after the were about one month in paraller they charge and dicharge together

and yes today i let them 24vdc in serous and they were amazingly blamaced at 13.77vdc both of them were exactely at 13.77 at the float so the mission is done

now all left is to cure my system which have one panels that have snail trail and mini crack ....one panel seems to drag 3 in serious 250 solar to just 420 peak of watt

as i use mppt they supose to bring at least 500 watt at peak so that is left to be done with this small yet great system

my system is 2 100 amps 12vdc maxima battery one piece mppt 60 amps emsart3 controller and 3 solar panels 2 of them called amira solar they 270 and one chinse 250

the chinse one is the defected one that drag my system down

the 3 panles are hooked in seroious to minimize current loses and voltage loses

Comment

Originally posted by gendil View Post
              hi people

great news

after i lost all hope in getting them in balance again i decided to make my system 12vdc by make them parallel but my mppt wont go beyond 400 watt due to

high diffrenece between panel voltage which are at 100 (3 panels 24vdc nominal in serious) the controller kept on turning the fan on

and it was impossible to go to 400 w attt because when ever the fan turn on the controller enters some sort of standby by lowering the power produced

so i decided to back to 24 vdc i said may be it will get in balance again after the were about one month in paraller they charge and dicharge together

and yes today i let them 24vdc in serous and they were amazingly blamaced at 13.77vdc both of them were exactely at 13.77 at the float so the mission is done

now all left is to cure my system which have one panels that have snail trail and mini crack ....one panel seems to drag 3 in serious 250 solar to just 420 peak of watt

as i use mppt they supose to bring at least 500 watt at peak so that is left to be done with this small yet great system

my system is 2 100 amps 12vdc maxima battery one piece mppt 60 amps emsart3 controller and 3 solar panels 2 of them called amira solar they 270 and one chinse 250

the chinse one is the defected one that drag my system down

the 3 panles are hooked in seroious to minimize current loses and voltage loses

after 2 days the batteires go out of balance slightly one at 13.65 one at 13.8 so balacncer is a must here ....they do so because of diffrence in auto dicharge rate

Comment

Either charge the bad (lower voltage) battery separately, or - IF you have flooded, extend the absorb portion of the cycle.
                Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post
                  Either charge the bad (lower voltage) battery separately, or - IF you have flooded, extend the absorb portion of the cycle.
                  they are still withing spec just few diffrence and once i install that balancer it will be goood again

Comment

Working...
                  X