Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

System Upgrade Dilemma -- Please Weigh In!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Upgrade Dilemma -- Please Weigh In!

My girlfriend is moving in, so electrical loads will increase. Getting an apartment sized heat pump dryer, small mini-split heat pump for backup space heating, small microwave, etc. So I need to double my array and battery bank, and am facing a number of decisions that I suspect many others, in one form or another, may be also be facing. So I would very much like to hear thoughts. I am totally open to suggestions, advice, and accusations of ignorance or stupidity. After all, that is why I am posting.

Here is my existing system:

*Two parallel strings of 3, 295 watt panels in series, for a 1.79 kW array with a Vmp of 135 volts
    *Midnite Classic 200
    *Four Rolls S530 6 volt batteries in a single, 24 volt string for 10kWh of storage (3kWh usable based on a 30% dod)
    *24vdc loads: overhead light fixtures (led bulbs), ceiling fan, pressure pump, SunDanzer
    Last edited by openplanet; 04-26-2017, 11:17 AM.

Cut and paste has problems with apostrophes, and other special characters.
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

That is REALLY frustrating....

Comment

It's probably more accurate to say that the forum software has problems with cut and paste!

Comment

It's a long, detailed post...so retyping isn't an option. Disappointed not to be able to get feedback on my issue. Oh, well.

Comment

When you get the willpower to type again, copy + paste, so at least you can recover

Comment

No recovery needed...I was copying/pasting from an document I'd created and saved in a text editor. And I just pasted said text into two other forums, with nary an issue.

Comment

Yeah, in this forum, you have to paste, and then delete and retype any offending characters. A long road to travel before getting told you are nuts for spending money on an off grid system.

Comment

Originally posted by openplanet View Post
                  No recovery needed...I was copying/pasting from an document I'd created and saved in a text editor. And I just pasted said text into two other forums, with nary an issue.
                  If your text editor is set to handle the text document as straight text (ASCII characters only) without formatting, as opposed to rich text with formatting characters you would expect to be OK.
                  A recent problem with this Forum is that strict protection against SQL (command text) insertion is a little too strict and will object to a number of ASCII character combinations, notably involving "/", "\, "[", "]" and others.

The text of a post that trips this filter is typically truncated at the offending character sequence.
                  The most frustrating feature of this glitch is that the text may look fine in Preview and yet be truncated when you actually Save it.
                  Last edited by inetdog; 04-26-2017, 03:15 PM.
                  SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
                  X