Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kweight Batteries - looking for feedback

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up some small scale solar in preperation for moving out to our off-grid rural property..

We're trying to keep our budget as tight as possible and I've just been presented with the opportunity to buy some Kweight deep cycle batteries for what seems like a ridiculously low price (Aus $120 for 12v 210ah, new/unused).. I tend to be wary of offers that seem too good to be true so was wondering if anyone had had any experience with this brand as I'm not familiar and neither are the guys who I usually get advice from.

So please, if anyone has or is using these batteries and has any info, feedback, known issues etc etc they could share it would be most appreciated!

Thanks
    -Matt

Never touched the stuff, I stopped drinking Kool-Aid 25 years ago.

No one is going to answer your question. What does that tell you?
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Never heard of the brand
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

I'm a bit confused here. I googled the batteries in question and the mfg. appears to be legit. They offer a large selection of many types of batteries. Is the lack of replies just because nobody has used them?
        2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Like I said I quit drinking 25 years ago, never touched the stuff.

No one is going to answer your question. What does that tell you?

Answer: No one has ever heard of them before.
          MSEE, PE

Comment

Howdy guys, we are running an experiment at my brothers house with a large bank of 2V 1000 amp hour batteries with 30kW of solar in a grid connected hybrid system. Reason being they are cheap and if the work out we will offer them to our customers. They are a legit company and we have had no issues with the batteries as yet but they have only been operational for about 18 months I think, too early to tell, the jury is still out. I know that probably dont help to much except for they are a legitimate Chi Com company, cheers

Comment

Working...
            X