Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffreyd
    • Nov 2015

Battery seller fraud

Wanted to warn all you battery buyers out there.
    A company called Apex Battery (Also Apex Superstores) quotes price and sells batteries from most of the companies.
    They quoted a price for Trojan batteries.
    After I bought them, they actually shipped me a cheap Chinese knock-off.
    I suspect they will do this for any name battery.
    Sure they guarantee a refund, if you return the battery.
    Cost to return a pallet of batteries is more then the price paid.
    That's how they get you, knowing the customer won't pay the return shipping.
    They are located in Las Vegas, Nevada. They probably have other names and sell on the internet.
    Only buy your batteries from a known supplier.
    I'm out $2000.
    Oh, one final note, the batteries are garbage and die after one charge.

Jeff

Side note: I'm trying to fight an internet war with them, anyone want to help?
  • kolob
    • Dec 2015

Thank you for the heads up.

Comment

• Sunking
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2010

Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Trojan only sells through authorized dealers. You will not find them at Box Stores or Automotive stores. To find authorized dealers you have to use Trojan Website. List most of the high quality batteries like Trojan, Rolls, Exide, Crown etc you have to use authorized dealers and they will not be in Box Stores. The companies that sell quality batteries are batery experts with trained personnel and they have the factory test and diagnostic equipment to back the product up.

On-Line sources like Alt-E are just middle men. When you place an order from them, they turn around and order then from a licensed distributor. They just take a cut and shuffle paper around. So the warning to all is use the manufacture web sites to find the dealers and contact them yourself. Many time will be Golf Cart dealers. If you are fortunate you may live close to a Distributor who will sell to the public with a catch. You have to have a truck they can load via dock fork lift.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

• PNjunction
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2012

The other bummer is that you actually charged and used the wrong batteries that were shipped to you. Not good and might signify that you knew up front what you were receiving - at least from their standpoint.

Getting batteries from an "authorized" dealer or distributor is always the way to go, and is an expensive lesson. I know I paid my dues a few times.

Comment

• inetdog
          Super Moderator
          • May 2012

Depending on your state laws you may have a case for Small Claims Court based on fraud rather than any warranty issue. You may have a hard time collecting though.
          Any internet social media action would be a lot more powerful if you had a court judgement to back up your assertion that you were screwed.
          SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• sdold
            • Jun 2014

I just called them and told them I needed Trojans, and a salesman tried really hard to get me to buy Apex batteries instead. He said they were having a little trouble stocking Trojans.

Comment

• Logan005
              Solar Fanatic
              • Nov 2015

I can't imagine the shipping charge for all that lead. To make any money the batteries would have to be crap. You do not have a local dealer in your area?
              4X Suniva 250 watt, 8X t-105, OB Fx80, dc4812vrf

Comment

Working...