Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v Batteries into 24v (6pcs)

Hello,

I have 6 batteries of 12v-200Ah with 24v Inverter Please help me to make 12v 6 batteries into 24v.

Thank You

To use 6 12V batteries in a 24V system, you need to wire them in 3 parallel strings of 2 in series. That means wire 3 sets of batteries with the plus from battery 1 to the minus of battery 2, plus from battery 3 to minus of battery 4, and plus from battery 5 to minus of battery 6. Then wire the minus from batteries 1, 3, and 5 together, and the plus from batteries 2, 4, and 6 together. To connect to the inverter, wire the minus from battery 1 to the inverter, and use a fuse or breaker from the plus of battery 6 to the inverter.
    Solar Queen
    altE Store

Comment

Thank you so much for solving this problem.

Please check this attachment you are saying exactly as this one right?

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/att...6-12v-agm-.jpg

Comment

Yes. Make sure to use a fuse or breaker on the plus. Inverter wattage / lowest voltage it works at (i.e. 20V) x 1.25.
        Solar Queen
        altE Store

Comment

Originally posted by Amy@altE View Post
          Yes. Make sure to use a fuse or breaker on the plus. Inverter wattage / lowest voltage it works at (i.e. 20V) x 1.25.
          What's the advantage of using breaker or what if I don't use it?

I used 4pcs of batteries in the past with 24v without breaker or fuse and it worked fine for almost 1 year

Comment

Originally posted by djhassoonew View Post
            What's the advantage of using breaker or what if I don't use it?

I used 4pcs of batteries in the past with 24v without breaker or fuse and it worked fine for almost 1 year
            Some people paying insurance for the whole life and nothing ever happen to him or his family, but it is there to protect the unlikely happen events.

Comment

It is a matter of safety. Over current protection helps prevent a fire. You have a lot of current on that wire. I don't know what size inverter you have, but let's use an example of a 2000W inverter. It can have as much as 95A of current going through that wire. Will it work without a fuse? Sure. Will it protect you if something fails? No. Can you run your house without breakers? Sure, technically it will work. Should/would you? Hell no.

A breaker allows you to manually shut off the connection as well, a fuse only provides over current protection, which is better than nothing.
              Solar Queen
              altE Store

Comment

Originally posted by Amy@altE View Post
                It is a matter of safety. Over current protection helps prevent a fire. You have a lot of current on that wire. I don't know what size inverter you have, but let's use an example of a 2000W inverter. It can have as much as 95A of current going through that wire. Will it work without a fuse? Sure. Will it protect you if something fails? No. Can you run your house without breakers? Sure, technically it will work. Should/would you? Hell no.

A breaker allows you to manually shut off the connection as well, a fuse only provides over current protection, which is better than nothing.
                I got you.

Thank you so much for explaining in detail.

I will definitely use fuse.

Comment

Working...
                X