Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rockrdr
    • Feb 2022

I'm trying to get my charge profile setup on my Solar setup:

I'm trying to get my charge profile setup on my Solar setup, I think I over charged the 2 batteries I had, or they were just old. I have one battery now I will be adding another in a few weeks.

I dont realy know what I dont know. any advice would be helpful.

My Area:
    Northern Az, 7500ft

My Use:
    Small Toy hauler, for charging phones, listing to music, small LCD TV, small Fridge, Keeping battery charged

My Setup:​​​​​
    Charge controller:
    EPEver Tracer 4215BN

Panels:
    Renolgy RNG-100D-SS-US 4 × 100 WATT 12 VOLT MONOCRYSTALLINE
    2 parallel and 2 series

Inverter:
    Renolgy RNG-INVT-2000-12V-P2-US 2000W 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter

Battery:
    1 Flooded 146aH Marine battery

Transfer switch:
    63 Amp Transfer Switch
  • chrisski
    Solar Fanatic
    • May 2020

What does the charge specs on your batteries owners manual say for absorption and float? If you don’t have it what is the make and part# of the battery?

This is what my Trojan’s batterie settings are:

Absorption 14.7
    Float 13.5
    Eqalize: 16.2

Yours are likely close. You may need to add distilled water and equalize the batteries.

Not the best idea to add a new battery to an old one. Kills the new one quicker, but “It is what it is..”

Comment

• Rockrdr
      • Feb 2022

Battery is an everstart deep cycle 29DC 845 Cranking amp, I dont have the manual

Comment

• chrisski
        Solar Fanatic
        • May 2020

Everstart is a WalMart. I honestly don’t know if the Trojan Charge Profile will work.

There’s something called batteryuniversity.com that may cover charge profiles more.

Comment

• ewarnerusa
          Solar Fanatic
          • Apr 2016

I'd say with a single marine battery, don't overthink it and go with 14.4V absorption. Most of your loads do indeed seem small, but if "small fridge" is running off electric then that is a bigger deal than you may realize. If it is a propane fridge, use propane while boondocking. I recommend switching over to 2x 6V true deep cycle golf cart (GC) batteries rather than adding another 12V, there is a good reason why this is a standard setup among boondockers. Costco is a good source for reasonably priced and available 6V GC batteries.
          I'm an RV camper with 470 watts of solar

Comment

Working...