X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SunEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Ampster View Post
    With all that power and shade you or the OP could probably install a more efficient split system mounted somewhere else. .
    Or I can just sell my beast of an RV and go with something that is more solar friendly.

Leave a comment:

• chrisski
    replied
    I like that roof.

On my 35’ RV, After putting six hundred watts panels on my roof and avoiding 2 A/C units, 2 skylights, 3 vents, 4 pipes, I may be able to put down 350 watts more, but its like a Jenga puzzle. I could give up the walkway on the North side, and I may get an additional 400 to 600 watts, but those would be shaded at least partially for most of the day from all the obstructions.

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    Might have been me. Most RV's don't have enough clear acreage for enough solar to make much of a dent. I read from above, you have 8, 300w panels ? 2S4P ?

Leave a comment:

• Ampster
    replied
    With all that power and shade you or the OP could probably install a more efficient split system mounted somewhere else. .

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    Looks great. I would have to remove both of my air conditioners along with the sky lights and vent fans to do that.

Leave a comment:

• PNW_Steve
    started a topic Finally some progress on my RV solar.

Finally some progress on my RV solar.

I sure wish I could remember who told me that you cannot put enough solar on your RV to be worth the trouble......

I just got my panels on the roof and am getting them fastened down. I will have 4x series pairs of 300 watt panels, The four pairs will be paralleled using a Midnite Solar combiner. I am over paneling to make up for less than "solar ideal" locations. I hope to have my batteries in a week or two and I can commission my system.
    Attached Files
Working...
X