RV Undercarriage Fasteners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Undercarriage Fasteners

Wondering if anyone knows what these are called or where to buy them?

I'm removing the corrugated plastic underneath my RV, and a couple of these broke.RV Undercarriage Fasteners.jpg

It may be a ramset washered pin.

Comment

HIlti 237371

(100 PACK) HIlti 237371 - 1 INCH Premium fastener w/washer X-U 27 P8 S15 direct fastening

Comment

I have encountered similar fasteners that were not reusable. IIRC: we couldn't use the old holes either. We had to drill new pilot holes next to each of the old fasteners.

Other than replacing black drain plumbing, that was the worst RV job I have ever worked.

Good luck with your project.

Comment

Originally posted by PNW_Steve View Post
          I have encountered similar fasteners that were not reusable. IIRC: we couldn't use the old holes either. We had to drill new pilot holes next to each of the old fasteners.

Other than replacing black drain plumbing, that was the worst RV job I have ever worked.

Good luck with your project.
          I will actually need to drop one of the tanks, I think the black water tank, to secure two bolts for a slide out Battery tray. Two of the eight bolts are above the tank. I am not looking forward to that par of the project.

Comment

I replaced my entire coroplast belly liner a few years ago after the original one disappeared while driving. I was able to reuse the fasteners in my case, they weren't the ones OP posted but more standard self-tapping screws. I could also reuse the screw holes from original installation. But as PNW_Steve mentions, a total pain in the butt project. It may not be necessary of you're only dropping a portion of the coroplast, but it my case things started going much better once I devised a way to lift and hold the unattached coroplast sheet from the centerline of the camper. What I came up with was a bottle jack in the middle lifting a sheet of plywood. This large surface area of the plywood helped lift and hold the unattached coroplast sheet while I aligned and screwed in. Before I did this, it was super difficult to keep things aligned and the further along I went the more out of alignment it would get
            Last edited by ewarnerusa; 09-15-2020, 12:15 PM.
            I'm an RV camper with 470 watts of solar

Comment

Working...
            X