Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shed Solar, no load output

Hi All

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to electrics and have come to the end of my knowledge on this issue.

I've bought a Solar Panel kit and Leisure battery to power some lights and possibly a couple of power outlets to charge tools, in my shed.

As far as i can tell the Solar Panel charges the battery. However i cant seem to get my test light to power up.

The kit that i have and wiring is pictured below

I've used a multi meter and the right voltage is coming out of the charge controller, but the light still isnt powering on. The fuse from the Charge Controller to the light is a 5amp fuse.

can anybody help?
    Charge Controller 2.PNGLight.PNG
    Attached Files

What is the voltage rating of the lamp?

Is it possible that you have a 240V or 120V lamp connected to a 12V output?
    7kW Roof PV, APsystems QS1 micros, Nissan Leaf EV

Comment

is this a regular 120v bulb and base? Then, no, a 12v solar output will not operate it, you will need the intervention of a POWER INVERTER, found off-the-shelf at the tire/battery section of walmart and auto parts stores... $10 or more, but you'll probably want the type with alligator clips to attach directly to your battery... your BATTERY will supply the power to the inverter and the 120v needs, NOT the solar charger - it's only for a 12v 'load', such as your USB device charger outputs, a 12v fan, a 12v water pump, etc, and ONLY when the solar panel's output is actually providing 12volt output, WHEN the sun is hitting it - what you are really wanting to do with SOLAR is to CHARGE the battery - the battery then provides the power, especially overnight when there is NO sun.

Comment

Working...
      X