I want to know what my SP are supplying in terms of amps.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleharbor
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2016

Best of luck. Glad we were able to help
    Mike
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

• DMH
      • Jan 2019

Sorted! I had a few hours on my hands over this weekend and was moving wires and tapping connections here and there this morning when @Mike90250 posted a couple of questions and one of them was about the Voc of the panels. Of course!!! If I orientate the panels with no load the voltage will rise according to the amount of sun exposure, so I wired the panel to the volt meter and then moved the panel, when the Voc was at it's highest I switched in the load i.e the Victron and it worked great! A couple of minor connection changes to the wiring, plug the panel in, find the sun switch on and done. I have tested a few times and it works perfect, just uncouple the load and move the panel, I get to see what the additional amperage is to the existing ammeter and of course it replicates that coming from the Victron, but I can at least confirm that the Victron is getting all it needs to do the job, I will have to order a meter with a higher voltage capability, as I had only ever read actual battery voltage so the meter was rated for maximum 30 volts, if I do something stupid like switch on both panels with no load I risk 40+ volts reaching the 30 volt meter.

Many thanks for those who have offered their thoughts and of course @Mike90250 gets the silver star!

Off to order a meter.

regards

Dave

Comment

Working...