Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxxfan or Fantastic fan for my RV - 24 volt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxxfan or Fantastic fan for my RV - 24 volt?

Hey Everyone,

I had tracked down ceiling vent fans for my RV project and now I cannot find them. I have searched high and low and they appear to have fallen off the edge of the earth...

What I need: Ceiling vent fans similar to Maxxair or Fantastic Fan that are 24 volt.

Can anyone point me to a source?

I know that I can run a 24v-12v converter but that adds one more potential piece to break. Also, the 24v-12v converters have a parasitic draw even when the 12v load is turned off. I would need to add a switch in the 24v supply so that I could eliminate the load.

To keep the system as simple and reliable I would much prefer 24v fans.

I just need to find them again.......

Thanks for your help.

S.

Bump and see if anyone can help......

Comment

the RV industry, where most of you 'fans' exists, are all 12v....because RVs are 12v.

Comment

You may want to look at Commercial or Industrial sources for a 24V DC fan. It just isn't something most people purchase.

Comment

I have some surplus 24VDC and 48VDC fans, but of the variable speed type used
          to cool electronic equipment. 300 CFM with a lot of noise. Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by NCmountainsOffgrid View Post
            the RV industry, where most of you 'fans' exists, are all 12v....because RVs are 12v.
            If that were universally true then I would not need 24 volt fans for my RV

Comment

I did find something resembling a fantastic fan that was intended for trucks with 24 volt electrical. Now I the link is dead and I am having trouble finding it again.....

Comment

Originally posted by PNW_Steve View Post
                Hey Everyone,

I had tracked down ceiling vent fans for my RV project and now I cannot find them. I have searched high and low and they appear to have fallen off the edge of the earth...

What I need: Ceiling vent fans similar to Maxxair or Fantastic Fan that are 24 volt.

Can anyone point me to a source?

I know that I can run a 24v-12v converter but that adds one more potential piece to break. Also, the 24v-12v converters have a parasitic draw even when the 12v load is turned off. I would need to add a switch in the 24v supply so that I could eliminate the load.

To keep the system as simple and reliable I would much prefer 24v fans.

I just need to find them again.......

Thanks for your help.

S.
                Maybe you'll find some alternatives here? https://www.everysolarthing.com/blog...tioner-for-rv/

Comment

Working...
                X