25 watt panel for camper, looking for advice on charge controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

A 25 watt would work on a small battery or trickle charge a larger one.

But as you indicate concerning this "changing world", people now use way too many electrical items to pass the time when I use to just read a book or listen to the wildlife when I camped.
    Well when I go camping I spend my time fishing, hunting, hiking, rock-hounding, napping, and playing with wifey butt naked in a stream or lake. Last thing I want is a TV, phone, laptop, or anyone finding or contacting me. I want nothing to do with the outside world while camping or on vacation period.

My kids look at me like I am crazy and I shut them up when my Daughter asked: "What if I die while you are gone"? My answer was and still is: "You will still be dead when I get back, and no reason to spoil my time off".
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by whazzatt View Post

You just don'y have enough power. Enough juice and campers at the top of the mountain will hear your tunes. An extra 25W might mean the campers at the top of the next mountain will hear them too
      Well, I hadn't thought of it in those terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post

Well when I go camping I spend my time fishing, hunting, hiking, rock-hounding, napping, and playing with wifey butt naked in a stream or lake. Last thing I want is a TV, phone, laptop, or anyone finding or contacting me. I want nothing to do with the outside world while camping or on vacation period.

My kids look at me like I am crazy and I shut them up when my Daughter asked: "What if I die while you are gone"? My answer was and still is: "You will still be dead when I get back, and no reason to spoil my time off".
        Engineers think differently than others. Another example of perfect logic. Sort of like the story of 4 guys, an accountant, a physician, a member of the clergy and an engineer playing golf behind an agonizingly slow blind foursome. Anyone not heard that one ?

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
          Anyone not heard that one ?
          Pick me, pick me, pick me.

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers.

Engineer: What's with these guys? We must have been waiting for 15 minutes!
          Doctor: I don't know but I've never seen such ineptitude!
          Priest: Hey, here comes the greenskeeper. Let's have a word with him.
          Priest: Hi George. Say George, what's with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow aren't they?
          George: Oh yes. That's a group of blind fire fighters. They lost their sight while saving our club house last year. So we let them play here anytime free of charge!
          (silence)
          Priest: That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight.
          Doctor: Good idea. And I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist buddy and see if there's anything he can do for them.
          Engineer: Why can't these guys play at night?

MSEE, PE

Comment

"You will still be dead when I get back, and no reason to spoil my time off". [/I]
            I'm going to have to use that one.

Comment

Pick me, pick me, pick me.

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers.

Engineer: What's with these guys? We must have been waiting for 15 minutes!
              Doctor: I don't know but I've never seen such ineptitude!
              Priest: Hey, here comes the greenskeeper. Let's have a word with him.
              Priest: Hi George. Say George, what's with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow aren't they?
              George: Oh yes. That's a group of blind fire fighters. They lost their sight while saving our club house last year. So we let them play here anytime free of charge!
              (silence)
              Priest: That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight.
              Doctor: Good idea. And I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist buddy and see if there's anything he can do for them.
              Engineer: Why can't these guys play at night?

Chicken dinner, another winner ! The duck just came down and gave you 50 bucks.

Seems that if you drill down far enough, the best humor has a kernel of truth in it.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
                Seems that if you drill down far enough, the best humor has a kernel of truth in it.
                Oh the irony.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
                X