Small shed/workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small shed/workshop

I have a small 16x8 shed I want to have electric in but dont want to run a 100 foot run from my house to my shed. plus tap into my electrical box. anyways. I want to be able to run a small solar setup to use in the day. maybe a light at night and possibly charge my batteries for my cordless tools. during the day on the weekends i will be using it to run a small compressor and some power tools. like a miter saw, table saw, etc. but not at the same time (i am only one person after all lol). I live in Florida and the roof is angled to where it gets a LOT of sun during the day. no trees, nothing blocking it's view. most calculators i have found seem to be for constant usage at the same time during the night. I think it's over kill for what I want. Hopefully I can get some guidance here to what I actually would need for something like this.
    Last edited by hemi38ram; 06-15-2018, 09:32 AM.

This appears to happen a lot to new posters. Try not using an apostrophe in your post. Seems the cut off trigger begins at that point. Sorry. Hopefully it will get fixed some day.

Welcome to the forum. You will learn a lot here once over this glitch.
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Thanks, I edited my post to re-add the info

Comment

Originally posted by hemi38ram View Post
        during the day on the weekends i will be using it to run a small compressor and some power tools. like a miter saw, table saw, etc. but not at the same time (i am only one person after all lol)
        That is not going to happen for less than $3000. Run AC power and save yourself a whole lot of money.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Run the PV for the learning experience/fun of it, but if you're doing it to save time/money/hassle, don't bother.

Or, suit yourself, but I'd suggest you look/investigate very carefully before you commit money/time/effort on the project. Get knowledgeable before you pick up a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
            That is not going to happen for less than $3000. Run AC power and save yourself a whole lot of money.
            Thats what I was afraid of. Glad I asked here first before I dug myself into a money pit instead of a trench to run a power line lol

Comment

Working...
            X