Add solar power to 1987 Coleman Popup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AZJoe
    • Oct 2017

Here is the 690 amp hour battery bank with equal length cables running to Blue Sea 600 amp busbars. I also have twin 20 amp 7 stage chargers that seem to be happier as the pair then by themselves (both run cooler and fans do not kick on quite as much. Going to install a battery watering system to make maintenance a little easier and I'm preppino the camper for two small exaust fans running outside and two vent holes in the floor of the battery Bay to supply fresh air. The fans will kick on in preprogrammed intervals and will be wired outside of my main panel (each fan pulls .1 amp at 12 volts). I also decided to change out the 1440 watt heating element on the water heater and replaced it with a 1000 watt version. Hopefully it will limit the voltage drop when it kicks on. I also picked up (on great deal) 4 more Renogy 100 watt panels. That will give me 1200 watts total. Overkill for a Popup camper but it's a hobby.
    Thank you all for the suggestions you've had so far.
    Attached Files

Comment

• ewarnerusa
      Solar Fanatic
      • Apr 2016

I keep checking in on this thread out of curiosity. I can't believe how much power capacity you've put on this pop up! So far I've read that you have a water pump and then whatever else was existing. Would this just be lighting and a furnace? I think your work looks great, I'm just blown away by the capacity. I would think you're running a home office while living in it full time.
      I'm an RV camper with 470 watts of solar

Comment

Working...