X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NEOH
    Solar Fanatic
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mitch Carbide
    NEOH: I can tell you without a doubt if I do this without ever reaching absorb the specific gravity shows fully charged as I've mentioned several times.
    And every battery manufacturer will tell you, without a doubt, that you are repeatedly under-charging your batteries.
    If you never reach Absorb Voltage then sulfate is building up inside your batteries and your batteries will see an early grave.
    One of the best ways to guarantee 100% SOC in a Flooded Battery is ...
    Bulk Mode => Absorb Mode => Finish Mode and then see bubbles in all cells and then see the same SG Reading at one hour intervals.
    Note, that I did not specify any specific SG value, I said, "Two equal SG readings at one hour intervals".
    You use an absolute SG reading to approximate 100% SOC, which will change in time/age, with temperature and per cell.
    Bubbling also stirs up the stratified electrolyte.

Comment

• Sunking
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2010

LOL. So hydraulic crimpers are rocket science now?.
      No any crimper used in a NEC application, an application that requires a Permit and Inspection, must me approved. What that means is when you compress a terminal onto a Wire Skinner will leave a Die Code Imprint on the terminal to make an Approved System. So when Mr. Inspector comes around he inspected the terminal part number against the die code to make sure they match. Approved System usually means the compression terminals and crimper are UL Certified and made to work together. Hacks and DIY do nor now that, but pros do. Does not matter if the crimper is hydraulic or mechanical leverage. The difference between the two is pressure generated.Hydralic is 14 to 16 tons.They have been around longer than rockets.

1) Other AGM banks charge fine at that low rate..
      Who said that, not me. I just said it takes longer sillly. Low Rate = Slowwwwwwwwwwwww Rate. Kind of like you, a little slow.

2) Crown says the thing about pressure is nonsense. Their guy actually laughed at it. So much for "I have forgotten more about Pb batteries than anyone on this forum will ever know about them."
      Interesting because anyone who knows a little about lead acid batteries knows they have to gas to fully charge them. Gassing voltage on a 12 volt battery is 14.2 volts silly. Gassing voltage goes up as the temp decreases, thus why you need temp comp on AGM batteries. AGM batteries belong to a group of batteries called Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA). The valve is made to release gas pressure in the event of Thermal Run Away or severely over charged.

Thanks for all the "help" folks. I appreciate the effort if not the content. Adios...
      Hasta la vista amigo. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.
      Last edited by Sunking; 05-20-2017, 11:30 AM.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...