X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by fishinbrad
    Thanks all. I have been in touch with someone local and face to face that actually lives off grid in a cabin like mine, and is 100% solar sufficient. He has nowhere NEAR the systems that you guys are praising. Not sure if you guys are just getting a spiff for overselling, or what, but it sounds like it to me.

Since I'm on my way out, I'm gonna go ahead and air my laundry. I find it amazing that nothing anyone (a newb, like myself) says or asks is ever correct or would never work! I guess since I'm not an electrical engineer or install solar for a living, I just don't get it. I love that everyone is just OK with being a complete jerk to anyone with a question. Rarely do you guys ever give advise, but rather down people for buying, or even owning cheaper (but functional) equipment. Seems like most of the time, a simple "won't work", or "throw it in the trash", or "you can't do fifth grade math, so I won't help you". That's plumb stupid! If you guys are as into this solar thing as you say, seems like you'd want to get more people into it to bring down the costs of the equipment needed. Remember Economies of Scale? Never mind, that is probably above most of your education levels.

So now that I'll probably be banned and flamed for this post, I'm gonna confront a few posters in this thread.

Sunking, after reading some of your replies, Ive come to the conclusion that you act like some weak little keyboard commando type. Get over yourself dude. You're obviously intelligent, so act like it! Don't blame your military background on being a jerk. To constantly insult other people's intelligence is ridiculous! You have a lot of knowledge that could be invaluable to a lot of people. Which in turn would help spread the solar gospel. Instead. You try and shut everyone down with your "you're gonna go broke trying to run a toaster" rhetoric! Get real! Broke from a few solar panels and batteries??? I have w-2's from the last 18 years, that I'll throw up against 90% of other Americans! I can buy and burn your perfect system to the ground if I wanted.

Logan, quit trying to sound like Sunking. I guess people like you see him being an ass in every post, so you think that it's cool to be a jerk too.
    The sign over the door says "Solar Panel Talk", not "Solar is Great". Sometimes folks come here and get a dose of reality. Sometimes they take it for what it's worth as another set of opinions. Sometimes not.

Since you're on your way out, I'd respectfully suggest you don't let the door hit you in the butt if/when you leave. Have a nice life. Thank you for your contributions. BTW, nice info and touch on the W-2's. A class act for sure.

Comment

Working...