List of materials required for my 1st project!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uydarp
    • Nov 2011

List of materials required for my 1st project!

Hi,
    i am planning to power up my computer UPS using solar energy(UPS it will never be turned off, i will put the computer in sleep mode for say 5hrs a day). I am new to this tech. I am just starting this as a hobby. i just want to know the specifications of materials that i require to run the application. its a 2.6A, 50/60 HZ, 600VA, 360W UPS that i have. (I live in India, so we use 220-240 power supply, just an extra info).

i think i need solar panel, solar disconnect, charge controller(do i really need MPPT?), monitor (like trimetric 2020, if u could suggest a less expensive monitor that would be just great), a battery bank and an inverter. please suggest me the specification for these materials that i need. if i had missed any materials please do advise me on it. Thanks.
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by uydarp
    I am just starting this as a hobby. i just want to know the specifications of materials that i require to run the application. its a 2.6A, 50/60 HZ, 600VA, 360W UPS that i have. (I live in India, so we use 220-240 power supply, just an extra info).
    Rather large expensive hobby you are taking up. But no one will help you as you have not given any information to base recommendations. I cannot tell how much power you use or for how long. But if you are using 360 watts x 19 hours per day (6840 watt hours) you are going to need a nice bank loan to pay for it.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

• Wy_White_Wolf
      Solar Fanatic
      • Oct 2011

You need to get a kill-a-watt meter and install it between the ths UPS and the wallwart for a week or 2 to get an accurate number on the WH it uses daily. Then with that and a more precise location to estemate the available solar insolation we can give you an idea of what components you need.

Comment

• russ
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2009

Possibly can't find a Kill A Watt - in that event you can get a cheap revenue grade electric meter to place in the circuit.

That is what I use and a meter costs me about 20$ US.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...