Clear All

• SunEagle
    replied
    Per the OP's request this topic is now closed

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by J.P.M.

Water VAPOR that gets in and condenses is as much of a problem as liquid. Your solution will not be of much help.
    I agree that any moisture on the cells will degrade them quickly. IMO instead of spending anything to repair broken ones I would just replace them completely.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by khanh dam
    just put a new piece of glass over the old glass, seal with silicon on left and right sides, put aluminum angle on top edge so water does not flow into it. might work? some moisture will always get in which is why you don't want to seal the top and bottom sides, but it will certainly block 99.90% of rain water from getting in.
    Water VAPOR that gets in and condenses is as much of a problem as liquid. Your solution will not be of much help.

Leave a comment:

• khanh dam
    replied
    just put a new piece of glass over the old glass, seal with silicon on left and right sides, put aluminum angle on top edge so water does not flow into it. might work? some moisture will always get in which is why you don't want to seal the top and bottom sides, but it will certainly block 99.90% of rain water from getting in.

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    All Silicon glass sealants leak water vapor like a sieve. They will be useless

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by GVF
    The moderator's removal of the name of the product in question and the link to the manufacturer's information page and the quote from a post in another thread on this forum for context has defeated the purpose of this thread so please delete and disregard. Thanks anyway.
    You'd have been told by several knowledgeable posters here that repairing or resealing panels is pretty much a waste of time and effort anyway, so it all works out.

Leave a comment:

• GVF
    replied
    The moderator's removal of the name of the product in question and the link to the manufacturer's information page and the quote from a post in another thread on this forum for context has defeated the purpose of this thread so please delete and disregard. Thanks anyway.

Leave a comment:

• GVF
    started a topic sealing cracked panels

sealing cracked panels

I wish to repair some shattered JA Solar JAM72D09-385/BP panels that produce power well but exhibit poor DC isolation when wet (I am not considering replacment at this time). Clear Silcone Glass Sealant appears to be a reasonable alternative to the encapsulants listed below and I would appreciate hearing from those who have used it (application, performance, longevity, etc.) or other materials that are available now. Thank you!

[QUOTE=RJMcSherry;n1723]List of possible encapsulants

/QUOTE]

MOD NOTE: Please do not include links to products or sales on this forum unless you first get permission.
    Last edited by SunEagle; 04-04-2021, 01:28 PM.
Working...