Where to buy 3M solar films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy 3M solar films

I'm hoping to build several semi-flexible panels. I would buy ready made, however I need custom shapes to take advantage of the structure these panels will be mounted on. I can't do rigid as they will be mounted on a gently curved surface. I would like to use ultra barrier and 3M encapsulating film however I can't find anyplace to buy it. Any ideas

Look at BuildItSolar website for ideas. AFKC, DIY solar PV panels is a dead end, unless you can get into a solar PV factory at night and run the vacuum heat laminators and encapsulation machines.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

How do the college kids make their solar powered vehicles? I'm not really building panels but trying to mount and encapsulate Maxeon cells on a rigid fiberglass surface. I do composites work and have a vacuum system and a large oven capable of reaching 250F. Acquiring the materials seems to be the problem

Comment

Originally posted by sparrot View Post
        How do the college kids make their solar powered vehicles?
        They use cells, panels and necessary materials made by others, just like they probably don't make their own wheels. More like a system integrator function. They assemble/bolt/glue/fit components together. They usually don't manufacture components. They usually/often start out as gear head teenagers and bring their interests to the classroom and shop. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

What the dimensions you needed?

Comment

Originally posted by FredWils0n View Post
            What the dimensions you needed?
            You must be a SPAMMER opening old post no one cares about. Do you think we are stupid?
            MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
            X