X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • landslide03
    • Mar 2011

Glass prices in San Diego CA

Hey guys,

I just ordered 72 3x6 cells on ebay and i cannot wait to put them together. I am looking to build an aluminum frame and encapsulate them with slyguard or something similar. I did not have any spare glass and craigslist is no help. I complied a small list of quotes i got from around SD county for a 32x52" non tempered 1/4 glass panel with unpolished edges. This will fit 72 3x6 cells. Looking at the price i should have just ordered a factory one but hey it takes all of the fun out of it! If anyone else has glass lying around plz let me know or if you have any other sources that may be cheaper.

Kings Glass $53.50

Discount Glass and Mirror $44.24

MSG $87.00

C and C glass $73.30
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

Beware - that sheet of glass, even with the frame, will be sort of bendy, and not as strong as the tempered glass panels are made with. But have fun in the sun
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• landslide03
      • Mar 2011

Thanks Mike,

you have helped me tremendously with your responses to various threads. Based on our advice i am making two 36 cell smaller panels with 1/4 glass. They will only be 32x26" I think it will not bend as much.

Comment

• Mattsd
        • May 2012

Did you finish the panel? I'm also in San Diego and it would be great to see them in action if they're up and running. Let me know.

Comment

Working...