Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lee ownby
    • Feb 2011

used low iron glass

I have about 20 sheets of 4'by5' low iron patterned glass. I know this stuff isn't cheap but at the moment I am looking at the local dump to get these off my hands. I can't recycle them as container glass, and I only managed to find one panel manufacturer who agreed to take them if I shipped them to him. I'll dump them before I pay to have them taken off my hands. Surely someone buying these from china wouldn't mind paying 10% or 5% of the price they are paying for used sheets?

Anybody have suggestions on where I might research and find an end user for these before I toss them into tiny pieces?

Lee orange county california
  • rollandelliott
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2011

criags list

craigs list
    should work, or ebay.

Comment

• Mike90250
      • May 2009

You may get a few users from here to bite, but I'd also place an ad on flea bay in the solar panel DIY area, and see what you get.

Shipping will be very tough, as glass is both heavy, and fragile, local pick-up is best.

4' by5' low iron patterned glass
      What sort of pattern is it?
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• captbilly
        • Mar 2011

I am interested in the glass

Originally posted by lee ownby
        I have about 20 sheets of 4'by5' low iron patterned glass. I know this stuff isn't cheap but at the moment I am looking at the local dump to get these off my hands. I can't recycle them as container glass, and I only managed to find one panel manufacturer who agreed to take them if I shipped them to him. I'll dump them before I pay to have them taken off my hands. Surely someone buying these from china wouldn't mind paying 10% or 5% of the price they are paying for used sheets?

Anybody have suggestions on where I might research and find an end user for these before I toss them into tiny pieces?

Lee orange county california
        I live in Sacramento but I do get down to LA quite a bit (my daughter is in college there), so I would be interested in your glass, if you still have it.

Bill

Comment

• Cavemanogg
          • Mar 2011

Also interested if they are still available.

Comment

• landslide03
            • Mar 2011

Hi I was wondering if you still had the glass available. I live in san diego and can pick it up. I just started to get into solar and am looking for a cheap way to get some glass.

Thanks

Scott

Comment

Working...