Was I given the right glass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I given the right glass?

I'm hoping for an answer from someone else who's bought the low iron glass.
    I just picked mine up.
    But it still looks green when you look at it from the edge.
    Is that normal?

I'm getting about the same light readings as when I tested their samples, but the glass I ordered is much thinner than the samples so I expected better readings.

Originally posted by longwolf View Post
    I just picked mine up.
    Is that normal?

I'm getting about the same light readings as when I tested their samples, but the glass I ordered is much thinner than the samples so I expected better readings.
    I would like to know more about why low iron.

Is it just for the clearness of the glass or does it have to do with electrical properties too?

From what I've read, different kinds of cells like different kinds, or colors of light from the spectrum best.

Maybe the tint of certain kinds of glass wouldn't be a big deal?

...dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by longwolf View Post
      I just picked mine up.
      Is that normal?

Uh oh, ...

Originally posted by http://kitchen-remodeling-pictures.com/bathroom-remodel/shower-door/low-iron-glass.htm
      Low iron glass is clear. Clear as clear can be. That's the upside - but the down side to low iron glass is that it costs considerably more money than the normal, higher iron glass with the green tint.

Comment

Hum, just found this image:
        http://www.fabglass.com/products/starphire_info.html

I also read one page that said that Starphire glass lets 5% more light through.
        If that's right, it's just not worth the extra cost.

Comment

Working...
        X