Where to Purchase Cells

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aquabilly
    • Sep 2010

I recently bought from mlsolar via ebay. 80 cells (rough edges) with "extras" to cover any damaged. USA to Scotland in a week . Packaging was good. 2 cakes of 46 , shrink wrapped , padded with cardboard, then bubblewrap and finally shoe box sized container with polystyrene flakes. Not a mark. Some of the edges were rough , as advertised ...but mean nothing in reality.They were pre tabbed. about a half dozen tabs were off or misaligned or off but again this was made clear in the advert. (that there may be a few like this.) Only problem was postage, about 32 quid (50 bucks) , then customs held them for import duty...that was 8 pounds and Parcelfarce charged me 12 quid "handling fee". As anyone in the UK countries knows this is a racket that these buggers have sewn up. So, at the end of the day, the postage will cost you more than the cells which is of course preposterous but you may as well know. Total cost was 108 pounds. As I live in rip off Scotland this is still cheap compared against new panels. If we had USA prices, I would not bother with DIY, save for the educational and hobby value. I`ll post the final cost of my panel when I decide on plexiglass or standard glass. For those in this country, I`ll scan and post the Customs reply to my complaint on import duty on cells.The abridged version goes like this, "nothings going to change so boo hoo." Cheers all!

Comment

Working...