Replacement Sun Selector part ID #5130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Sun Selector part ID #5130

I need to replace a faulty 10 or 12 year old Sun Selector, a unit manufactured by Bobier Electric Co., of Parkersburg, WV, stock # LB9930190, product ID #5130. The company is no longer in business.

The unit was between my new 12 v 7am panel (which Amy helped with a couple of weeks back) 12v 7am Flojet pump. I suspect the unit is some sort of a regulator of voltage.

Okay, now the hard question. Where may I find a replacement unit off someone's stock shelves or a similar unit?

I believe I read that businesses are not to be discussed in the forums therefore feel welcome to use

Thanks

Howdy Frank,

If Amy was able to help you before she probably can again, someone should be along that can help you soon, cheers

Comment

Frank,

If nobody can help you with repair or exact replacement, you may be able to find a similar functioning unit by searching for what is called a linear current booster. That is what is needed to convert from the fixed voltage varying current output of the panel to the pump input where current and voltage need to be roughly proportional as the pump output increases.
      It is kind of the opposite of a voltage regulator.
      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Thank you. Part ordered.

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
        Frank,

If nobody can help you with repair or exact replacement, you may be able to find a similar functioning unit by searching for what is called a linear current booster. That is what is needed to convert from the fixed voltage varying current output of the panel to the pump input where current and voltage need to be roughly proportional as the pump output increases.
        It is kind of the opposite of a voltage regulator.

Comment

It's always better to ask professionals to avoid further issues or problems with your solar panel. I actually always consult my technicians for any problems.

Comment

Working...
          X