Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiran243
    • Jun 2014

Solar cell msnufacturing

hi guys im new to this forum...cn any one here guide me how to make a simple solar cell, i know it is made from silicon but i want some clear explanation
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

Originally posted by kiran243
    hi guys im new to this forum...cn any one here guide me how to make a simple solar cell, i know it is made from silicon but i want some clear explanation
    One way to start is to look at "silcon solar cell" on the internet. Including our much maligned but useful to those who do their diligence, friend Wikipedia.

The first thing to know is that there is not a chance of actually making a useful cell outside an industrial process environment. Making the silicon crystal, dopng the second layer, metalizing the back and applying the wires to the front are all things you will not be able to do.

However, some hobbyists do take commercial cells and assemble them into panels. You will find a lot of misleading garbage about this on YouTube, along with some tidbits of useful information. The key along this line is that for actual large scale use as opposed to hobby activity you can buy a commercial panel for less than it would cost you to make in inferior one, even if you do not count the cost of your time.
    You can find threads on do-it-yourself panels in this Forum.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...